Who we are?
HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. CARDANSHAFT CO;LTD has 15 years history.When the general manager Mr.Rony Du graduated from the university,he always concentrated his attention on the research and development,production and sales of the cardan shaft.Mr.Rony Du and his team started from scratch,from 1 lathe and a very small order,step by step to grow up.He often said to his team”We will only do 1 thing well——to make the perfect cardan shaft”.
General manager Mr.Rony Du
HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. CARDANSHAFT CO.,LTD was founded in 2005.The registered capital is 8 million ,covers an area of 15 acres, has 30 existing staff. The company specializing in the production of SWC, SWP cross universal coupling and drum tooth coupling.The company with factory is located in the beautiful coast of Tai Lake –Hudai (HangZhou Economic Development Zone Hudai Industrial Park).
In order to become China’s leading cardan shaft one-stop solution expert supplier .XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. CARDANSHAFT independent research and development of SWC light, medium, short, heavy Designs cardan shaft have reached the leading domestic level.Products not only supporting domestic large and medium-sized customers, but also exported to the United States, India, Vietnam, Laos, Ukraine, Russia, Germany, Britain and other countries and areas.In the past 15 years, the company has accumulated a wealth of experience, learn from foreign advanced technology, and to absorb and use the universal axis has been improved several times, so that the structure is maturing, significantly improved performance.
XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. Office Building
XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. belief: “Continuous innovation, optimize the structure, perseverance” to create a high quality of outstanding cardan shaft manufacturer.We always adhere to the ISO9001 quality control system, from the details to start, standardize the production process, and to achieve processing equipment “specialization, numerical control” rapid increase in product quality.This Not only won the majority of customers reputation, but also access to peer recognition. We continue to strive to pursue: “for customers to create the greatest value, for the staff to build the best platform”, will be able to achieve customer and business mutually beneficial CHINAMFG situation.
Welcome to XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. CARDANSHAFT
Why choose us?
First,select raw material carefully
The cross is the core component of cardan shaft,so the selection of material is particularly critical.Raw materials of the cross for light Duty Size and Medium Duty Size,we choose the 20CrMnTi special gear steel bar from SHAGANG GROUP.Being forged in 2500 ton friction press to ensure internal metallurgical structure,inspecting the geometric dimensions of each part to meet the drawing requirements,then transfer to machining,the processes of milling, turning, quenching and grinding.
The inspector will screen blank yoke head.The porosity, cracks, slag, etc. do not meet the requirements of the casting foundry are all eliminated,then doing physical and chemical analysis, to see whether the ingredients meet the requirements, unqualified re-elimination.And then transferred to the quenching and tempering heat treatment, once again check the hardness to see if meet the requirements, qualified to be transferred to the machining process. We control from the source of the material to ensure the supply of raw materials qualified rate of 99%.
Second,advanced production equipment
XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS. Company introduced four-axis linkage machining center made in ZheJiang , milling the keyway and flange bolt hole of the flange yoke, The once machine-shaping ensures that the symmetry of the keyway and the position of the bolt hole are less than 0.02mm,which greatly improves the installation accuracy of the flange,the 4 axis milling and drilling center holes of the cross are integrated,to ensure that the 4 shaft symmetry and verticality are less than 0.02mm,the process of the journal cross assembly service life can be increased by 30%, and the speed at 1000 rpm above the cardan shaft running smoothly and super life is crucial to the operation.
We use CNC machine to lathe flange yoke and welded yoke,CNC machine can not only ensure the accuracy of the flange connection with the mouth, but also improve the flange surface finish.
5 CHINAMFG automatic welding machine welding spline sleeve and tube,welded yoke and tube.With the welding CHINAMFG swing mechanism, automatic lifting mechanism, adjustment mechanism and welding CHINAMFG cooling system, welding machine can realize multi ring continuous welding, each coil current and voltage can be preset, arc starting and stopping control PLC procedures, reliable welding quality, the weld bead is smooth and beautiful, to control the welding process with fixed procedures, greatly reducing the uncertainty of human during welding, greatly improve the welding effect.
High speed cardan shaft needs to do dynamic balance test before leaving the factory.Unbalanced cardan shaft will produce excessive centrifugal force at high speed and reduce the service life of the bearing;the dynamic balance test can eliminate the uneven distribution of the casting weight and the mass distribution of the whole assembly;Through the experiment to achieve the design of the required balance quality, improve the universal shaft service life.In 2008 the company introduced 2 high-precision dynamic balance test bench, the maximum speed can reach 4000 rev / min, the balance of G0.8 accuracy, balance weight 2kg–1000kg.
In order to make the paint standardization, in 2009 the company bought 10 CHINAMFG of clean paint room , the surface treatment of cardan shaft is more standardized, paint fastness is more rugged, staff’s working conditions improved, exhaust of harmless treatment.
Third,Professional transport packaging
The packing of the export cardan shaft is all in the same way as the plywood wooden box, and then it is firmly secured with the iron sheet, so as to avoid the damage caused by the complicated situation in the long-distance transportation. Meet the standard requirements of plywood boxes into Europe and other countries, no matter where can successfully reach all the country’s ports.
The following table for SWC Medium-sized Universal Shaft Parameters.
Data and Sizes of SWC Series Universal Joint Couplings
L=Standard length, or compressed length for designs with length compensation;
Tn=Nominal torque(Yield torque 50% over Tn);
TF=Fatigue torque, I. E. Permissible torque as determined according to the fatigue strength
Under reversing loads;
β=Maximum deflection angle;
MI=weight per 100mm tube
2. Millimeters are used as measurement units except where noted;
3. Please consult us for customizations regarding length, length compensation and
(DIN or SAT etc. )
|Stiffness & Flexibility:||Stiffness / Rigid Axle|
|Journal Diameter Dimensional Accuracy:||IT6-IT9|
|Axis Shape:||Straight Shaft|
|Shaft Shape:||Hollow Axis|
How do manufacturers ensure the compatibility of PTO shafts with different equipment?
Manufacturers employ various measures to ensure the compatibility of PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts with different equipment. Compatibility is crucial to ensure that PTO shafts can effectively transfer power from the power source to the driven machinery without compromising performance, safety, or ease of use. Here’s a detailed explanation of how manufacturers ensure compatibility:
1. Standardization: PTO shafts are designed and manufactured based on standardized specifications. These specifications outline the essential parameters such as shaft dimensions, spline sizes, torque ratings, and safety requirements. By adhering to standardized designs, manufacturers ensure that PTO shafts are compatible with a wide range of equipment that meets the same standards. Standardization allows for interchangeability, meaning that PTO shafts from one manufacturer can be used with equipment from another manufacturer as long as they conform to the same specifications.
2. Collaboration with Equipment Manufacturers: PTO shaft manufacturers often collaborate closely with equipment manufacturers to ensure compatibility. They work together to understand the specific requirements of the equipment and design PTO shafts that seamlessly integrate with the machinery. This collaboration may involve sharing technical specifications, conducting joint testing, and exchanging feedback. By working in partnership, manufacturers can address any compatibility issues early in the design and development process, resulting in PTO shafts that are tailored to the equipment’s needs.
3. Customization Options: PTO shaft manufacturers offer customization options to accommodate different equipment configurations. They provide flexibility in terms of shaft length, spline sizes, yoke designs, and coupling mechanisms. Equipment manufacturers can specify the required parameters, and the PTO shafts can be customized accordingly. This ensures that the PTO shafts precisely match the equipment’s power input/output requirements and connection methods, guaranteeing compatibility and efficient power transfer.
4. Testing and Validation: Manufacturers conduct rigorous testing and validation processes to ensure the compatibility and performance of PTO shafts. They subject the shafts to various tests, including torque testing, rotational speed testing, and durability testing. These tests verify that the PTO shafts can handle the expected power loads and operating conditions without failure. By validating the performance of the PTO shafts, manufacturers can ensure that they are compatible with a wide range of equipment and can reliably transfer power under different operating scenarios.
5. Compliance with Industry Standards: PTO shaft manufacturers adhere to industry standards and regulations to ensure compatibility. Organizations such as the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) establish safety and performance standards for PTO shafts. Manufacturers design and produce their shafts in accordance with these standards, ensuring that their products meet the necessary requirements for compatibility and safety. Compliance with industry standards provides assurance to equipment manufacturers and end-users that the PTO shafts are compatible and suitable for use with different equipment.
6. Documentation and Guidelines: Manufacturers provide comprehensive documentation and guidelines to assist equipment manufacturers and end-users in ensuring compatibility. This documentation includes technical specifications, installation instructions, maintenance guidelines, and safety recommendations. The documentation helps equipment manufacturers select the appropriate PTO shaft for their equipment and provides guidance on proper installation and use. By following the manufacturer’s guidelines, equipment manufacturers can ensure compatibility and optimize the performance of the PTO shafts.
7. Ongoing Research and Development: PTO shaft manufacturers continuously invest in research and development to enhance compatibility with different equipment. They stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and evolving equipment requirements. This ongoing research and development enable manufacturers to improve the design, materials, and features of PTO shafts, ensuring compatibility with the latest equipment innovations and addressing any compatibility challenges that may arise.
By employing standardization, collaborating with equipment manufacturers, offering customization options, conducting thorough testing, complying with industry standards, providing documentation and guidelines, and investing in research and development, manufacturers ensure the compatibility of PTO shafts with different equipment. This compatibility allows for seamless integration, efficient power transfer, and optimal performance across a wide range of machinery and equipment in various industries.
How do PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque during operation?
PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts are designed to handle variations in load and torque during operation by employing specific mechanisms and features that ensure efficient power transfer and protection against overload conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque:
1. Mechanical Design: PTO shafts are engineered with robust mechanical design principles that enable them to handle variations in load and torque. They are typically constructed using high-strength materials such as steel, which provides durability and resistance to bending or twisting forces. The shaft’s diameter, wall thickness, and overall dimensions are carefully calculated to withstand the expected torque levels and load variations. The mechanical design of the PTO shaft ensures that it can transmit power reliably and accommodate the dynamic forces encountered during operation.
2. Universal Joints: Universal joints are a key component of PTO shafts that allow for flexibility and compensation of misalignment between the power source and driven machinery. These joints can accommodate variations in angular alignment, which may occur due to changes in load or movement of the machinery. Universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings that allow for smooth rotation and transfer of torque, even when the shafts are not perfectly aligned. The design of universal joints enables PTO shafts to handle variations in load and torque while maintaining consistent power transmission.
3. Slip Clutches: Slip clutches are often incorporated into PTO shafts to provide overload protection. These clutches allow the PTO shaft to slip or disengage momentarily when excessive torque or resistance is encountered. Slip clutches typically consist of friction plates that can be adjusted to a specific torque setting. When the torque surpasses the predetermined limit, the clutch slips, preventing damage to the PTO shaft and connected equipment. Slip clutches are particularly useful when sudden changes in load or torque occur, providing a safety mechanism to protect the PTO shaft and associated machinery.
4. Torque Limiters: Torque limiters are another protective feature found in some PTO shafts. These devices are designed to automatically disengage the power transmission when a predetermined torque threshold is exceeded. Torque limiters can be mechanical, such as shear pin couplings or friction clutches, or electronic, utilizing sensors and control systems. When the torque exceeds the set limit, the torque limiter disengages, preventing further power transfer and protecting the PTO shaft from overload conditions. Torque limiters are effective in handling sudden spikes in torque and safeguarding the PTO shaft and associated equipment.
5. Maintenance and Inspection: Regular maintenance and inspection of PTO shafts are essential to ensure their proper functioning and ability to handle variations in load and torque. Routine maintenance includes lubrication of universal joints, inspection of shaft integrity, and tightening of fasteners. Regular inspections allow for early detection of wear, misalignment, or other issues that may affect the PTO shaft’s performance. By addressing maintenance and inspection requirements, operators can identify and address any concerns that may arise due to variations in load and torque, ensuring the continued safe and efficient operation of the PTO shaft.
6. Operator Awareness and Control: Operators play a crucial role in managing variations in load and torque during PTO shaft operation. They should be aware of the machinery’s operational limits, including the recommended torque ratings and load capacities of the PTO shaft. Proper training and understanding of the equipment’s capabilities enable operators to make informed decisions and adjust the operation when encountering significant load or torque changes. Operators should also be vigilant in monitoring the equipment’s performance, watching for any signs of excessive vibration, noise, or other indications of potential issues related to load and torque variations.
By incorporating robust mechanical design, utilizing universal joints, slip clutches, torque limiters, and implementing proper maintenance practices, PTO shafts are equipped to handle variations in load and torque during operation. These features ensure reliable power transmission, protect against overload conditions, and contribute to the safe and efficient functioning of the PTO shaft and the machinery it drives.
How do PTO shafts contribute to transferring power from tractors to implements?
PTO shafts (Power Take-Off shafts) play a critical role in transferring power from tractors to implements in agricultural and industrial settings. They provide a reliable and efficient means of power transmission, enabling tractors to drive various implements and perform a wide range of tasks. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts contribute to transferring power from tractors to implements:
Power Source: Tractors are equipped with powerful engines designed to generate substantial amounts of mechanical power. This power is harnessed to drive the tractor’s wheels and operate hydraulic systems, as well as to provide power for the attachment of implements through the PTO shaft. The PTO shaft typically connects to the rear or side of the tractor, where the power take-off mechanism is located. The power take-off derives power directly from the tractor’s engine or transmission, allowing for efficient power transfer to the PTO shaft.
PTO Shaft Design: PTO shafts are designed as driveline components that transmit rotational power and torque from the tractor’s power take-off to the implement. They consist of a hollow metal tube with universal joints at each end. The universal joints accommodate angular misalignments and allow the PTO shaft to transmit power even when the tractor and implement are not perfectly aligned. The PTO shaft is also equipped with a safety shield or guard to prevent accidental contact with the rotating shaft, ensuring operator safety during operation.
PTO Engagement: To transfer power from the tractor to the implement, the PTO shaft needs to be engaged. Tractors are equipped with a PTO clutch mechanism that allows operators to engage or disengage the PTO shaft as needed. When the PTO clutch is engaged, power flows from the tractor’s engine through the power take-off mechanism and into the PTO shaft. This rotational power is then transmitted through the PTO shaft to the implement, driving its working components.
Rotational Power Transmission: The rotational power generated by the tractor’s engine is transferred to the PTO shaft through the power take-off mechanism. The PTO shaft, being directly connected to the power take-off, rotates at the same speed as the engine. This rotational power is then transmitted from the PTO shaft to the implement’s driveline or gearbox. The implement’s driveline, in turn, distributes the power to the implement’s working components, such as blades, augers, or pumps, enabling them to carry out their respective functions.
Matching Speed and Power: PTO shafts are designed to match the rotational speed and power requirements of various implements. Tractors often feature multiple speed settings for the PTO, allowing operators to select the appropriate speed for the specific implement being used. Different implements may require different rotational speeds to operate optimally, and the PTO shaft allows for easy adjustment to match those requirements. Additionally, the power generated by the tractor’s engine is transmitted through the PTO shaft, providing the necessary torque to drive the implement’s working components effectively.
Versatility and Efficiency: PTO shafts offer significant versatility and efficiency in agricultural and industrial operations. They allow tractors to power a wide range of implements, including mowers, balers, tillers, sprayers, and grain augers, among others. By connecting implements directly to the tractor’s power source, operators can quickly switch between tasks without the need for separate power generators or engines. This versatility and efficiency streamline workflow, reduce costs, and increase overall productivity in agricultural and industrial settings.
Safety Considerations: While PTO shafts are essential for power transmission, they can pose safety risks if mishandled. The rotating shaft and universal joints can cause severe injuries if operators come into contact with them while in operation. That’s why PTO shafts are equipped with safety shields or guards to prevent accidental contact. Operators should always ensure that the safety shields are in place and secure before engaging the PTO shaft. Proper training, adherence to safety guidelines, and regular maintenance of PTO shafts and associated safety features are crucial to ensuring safe operation.
In summary, PTO shafts are vital components that enable the transfer of power from tractors to implements in agricultural and industrial applications. They provide a reliable and efficient means of power transmission, allowing tractors to drive various implements and perform a wide range of tasks. By engaging the PTO clutch and transmitting rotational power through the PTO shaft, tractors power the working components of implements, providing versatility, efficiency, and productivity in agricultural and industrial operations.
editor by CX 2023-09-14