Nontelescopic Welded Cardan Shaft Coupling (SWC WH)
SWC-WH-type cross shaft universal coupling can be widely used in metallurgy, lifting, engineering, transportation, mining, oil, shipbuilding, coal, rubber, paper machinery and other heavy machinery industry, mechanical shafting transmitting torque.
♦The Main Features Of SWC-WH-type Cross Shaft Universal Coupling
1. The ability to have a large angle compensation. Axis angle, SWC-WH type axis angle up to 15 degrees to 25 degrees.
2. The structure is compact and reasonable. SWC type with integral fork, so carrying more reliable.
3. The carrying capacity. Compared with other types of the same diameter rotary joint axis, it delivers more torque, the turning diameter of restricted mechanical equipment, the complete range is more advantageous.
4. High transmission efficiency. Its transmission efficiency of 98-99.8% for high-power transmission, energy-saving effect.
5. Carrying smooth, low noise, easy maintenance, assembly and disassembly.
♦Basic Parameter And Main Dimension
Packaging & Shipping
HangZhou CZPT Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Material:||Carbon Steel or as Required|
|Mounting:||Flange or as Per Required|
What factors should be considered when selecting the right PTO shaft for an application?
When selecting the right Power Take-Off (PTO) shaft for an application, several factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance, safety, and compatibility. PTO shafts are crucial components that transmit power from a power source to driven machinery or equipment. Here are the key factors to consider when selecting the appropriate PTO shaft for an application:
1. Power Requirements: The power requirements of the driven machinery play a vital role in determining the appropriate PTO shaft. Consider the horsepower (HP) or kilowatt (kW) rating of the power source and ensure that the PTO shaft can handle the required power transmission. It is essential to match the power capacity of the PTO shaft with the power output of the power source to ensure efficient and reliable operation.
2. Speed and Torque Requirements: Consider the speed and torque requirements of the driven machinery. Determine the desired rotational speed and torque levels necessary for the equipment to operate effectively. Some applications require specific speed or torque ratios, while others may require variable speeds. Ensure that the selected PTO shaft can handle the required speed and torque range to provide the necessary power transfer.
3. Shaft Type and Design: Evaluate the type and design of the PTO shaft to ensure compatibility with the application. Consider factors such as the distance between the power source and the driven machinery, the need for angular misalignment, and the flexibility of movement required. Different shaft types, such as standard, telescopic, or Constant Velocity (CV) shafts, offer varying capabilities to accommodate different application requirements.
4. Safety Considerations: Safety is a critical factor when selecting a PTO shaft. Assess the safety features provided by the PTO shaft, such as protective guards, shear bolt mechanisms, or other safety devices. Protective guards should be in place to prevent accidental contact with the rotating shaft. Shear bolt mechanisms can protect the driveline components from damage in case of excessive torque or sudden resistance. Prioritize safety features that align with the specific hazards and risks associated with the application.
5. Application Specifics: Consider the unique requirements of the application. Factors such as the type of machinery, industry sector, environmental conditions, and operating conditions should be taken into account. For example, agricultural applications may require PTO shafts that can handle debris and dirt accumulation, while industrial applications may require PTO shafts with high corrosion resistance or special sealing to protect against contaminants.
6. Compatibility and Interchangeability: Ensure that the selected PTO shaft is compatible with the power source and the driven machinery. Consider factors such as the shaft diameter, spline size, and connection type. Check if the PTO shaft adheres to industry standards and if it can be easily interchanged with other compatible components in case of replacement or upgrading needs. Compatibility and interchangeability can simplify maintenance and reduce downtime.
7. Manufacturer and Quality: Choose a reputable manufacturer or supplier to ensure the quality and reliability of the PTO shaft. Look for manufacturers with a track record of producing high-quality PTO shafts that meet industry standards and regulations. Consider factors such as warranty, after-sales support, and availability of spare parts when making a selection.
By considering these factors, you can select the right PTO shaft that meets the power, speed, torque, safety, and application requirements. It is advisable to consult with experts, such as equipment manufacturers or PTO shaft specialists, to ensure an optimal match between the PTO shaft and the application.
How do PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque during operation?
PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts are designed to handle variations in load and torque during operation by employing specific mechanisms and features that ensure efficient power transfer and protection against overload conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque:
1. Mechanical Design: PTO shafts are engineered with robust mechanical design principles that enable them to handle variations in load and torque. They are typically constructed using high-strength materials such as steel, which provides durability and resistance to bending or twisting forces. The shaft’s diameter, wall thickness, and overall dimensions are carefully calculated to withstand the expected torque levels and load variations. The mechanical design of the PTO shaft ensures that it can transmit power reliably and accommodate the dynamic forces encountered during operation.
2. Universal Joints: Universal joints are a key component of PTO shafts that allow for flexibility and compensation of misalignment between the power source and driven machinery. These joints can accommodate variations in angular alignment, which may occur due to changes in load or movement of the machinery. Universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings that allow for smooth rotation and transfer of torque, even when the shafts are not perfectly aligned. The design of universal joints enables PTO shafts to handle variations in load and torque while maintaining consistent power transmission.
3. Slip Clutches: Slip clutches are often incorporated into PTO shafts to provide overload protection. These clutches allow the PTO shaft to slip or disengage momentarily when excessive torque or resistance is encountered. Slip clutches typically consist of friction plates that can be adjusted to a specific torque setting. When the torque surpasses the predetermined limit, the clutch slips, preventing damage to the PTO shaft and connected equipment. Slip clutches are particularly useful when sudden changes in load or torque occur, providing a safety mechanism to protect the PTO shaft and associated machinery.
4. Torque Limiters: Torque limiters are another protective feature found in some PTO shafts. These devices are designed to automatically disengage the power transmission when a predetermined torque threshold is exceeded. Torque limiters can be mechanical, such as shear pin couplings or friction clutches, or electronic, utilizing sensors and control systems. When the torque exceeds the set limit, the torque limiter disengages, preventing further power transfer and protecting the PTO shaft from overload conditions. Torque limiters are effective in handling sudden spikes in torque and safeguarding the PTO shaft and associated equipment.
5. Maintenance and Inspection: Regular maintenance and inspection of PTO shafts are essential to ensure their proper functioning and ability to handle variations in load and torque. Routine maintenance includes lubrication of universal joints, inspection of shaft integrity, and tightening of fasteners. Regular inspections allow for early detection of wear, misalignment, or other issues that may affect the PTO shaft’s performance. By addressing maintenance and inspection requirements, operators can identify and address any concerns that may arise due to variations in load and torque, ensuring the continued safe and efficient operation of the PTO shaft.
6. Operator Awareness and Control: Operators play a crucial role in managing variations in load and torque during PTO shaft operation. They should be aware of the machinery’s operational limits, including the recommended torque ratings and load capacities of the PTO shaft. Proper training and understanding of the equipment’s capabilities enable operators to make informed decisions and adjust the operation when encountering significant load or torque changes. Operators should also be vigilant in monitoring the equipment’s performance, watching for any signs of excessive vibration, noise, or other indications of potential issues related to load and torque variations.
By incorporating robust mechanical design, utilizing universal joints, slip clutches, torque limiters, and implementing proper maintenance practices, PTO shafts are equipped to handle variations in load and torque during operation. These features ensure reliable power transmission, protect against overload conditions, and contribute to the safe and efficient functioning of the PTO shaft and the machinery it drives.
How do PTO shafts handle variations in speed and torque requirements?
PTO shafts (Power Take-Off shafts) are designed to handle variations in speed and torque requirements between the power source (such as a tractor or engine) and the driven machinery or equipment. They incorporate various mechanisms and components to ensure efficient power transmission while accommodating the different speed and torque demands. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts handle variations in speed and torque requirements:
1. Gearbox Systems: PTO shafts often incorporate gearbox systems to match the speed and torque requirements between the power source and the driven machinery. Gearboxes allow for speed reduction or increase and can also change the rotational direction if necessary. By using different gear ratios, PTO shafts can adapt the rotational speed and torque output to suit the specific requirements of the driven equipment. Gearbox systems enable PTO shafts to provide the necessary power and speed compatibility between the power source and the machinery they drive.
2. Shear Bolt Mechanisms: Some PTO shafts, particularly in applications where sudden overloads or shock loads are expected, use shear bolt mechanisms. These mechanisms are designed to protect the driveline components from damage by disconnecting the PTO shaft in case of excessive torque or sudden resistance. Shear bolts are designed to break at a specific torque threshold, ensuring that the PTO shaft separates before the driveline components suffer damage. By incorporating shear bolt mechanisms, PTO shafts can handle variations in torque requirements and provide a safety feature to protect the equipment.
3. Friction Clutches: PTO shafts may incorporate friction clutch systems to enable smooth engagement and disengagement of power transfer. Friction clutches use a disc and pressure plate mechanism to control the transmission of power. Operators can gradually engage or disengage the power transfer by adjusting the pressure on the friction disc. This feature allows for precise control over torque transmission, accommodating variations in torque requirements while minimizing shock loads on the driveline components. Friction clutches are commonly used in applications where smooth power engagement is essential, such as in hydraulic pumps, generators, and industrial mixers.
4. Constant Velocity (CV) Joints: In cases where the driven machinery requires a significant range of movement or articulation, PTO shafts may incorporate Constant Velocity (CV) joints. CV joints allow the PTO shaft to accommodate misalignment and angular variations without affecting power transmission. These joints provide a smooth and constant power transfer even when the driven machinery is at an angle relative to the power source. CV joints are commonly used in applications such as articulated loaders, telescopic handlers, and self-propelled sprayers, where the machinery requires flexibility and a wide range of movement.
5. Telescopic Designs: Some PTO shafts feature telescopic designs that allow for length adjustment. These shafts consist of two or more concentric shafts that slide within each other, providing the ability to extend or retract the PTO shaft as needed. Telescopic designs accommodate variations in the distance between the power source and the driven machinery. By adjusting the length of the PTO shaft, operators can ensure proper power transmission without the risk of the shaft dragging on the ground or being too short to reach the equipment. Telescopic PTO shafts are commonly used in applications where the distance between the power source and the implement varies, such as in front-mounted implements, snow blowers, and self-loading wagons.
By incorporating these mechanisms and designs, PTO shafts can handle variations in speed and torque requirements effectively. They provide the necessary flexibility, safety, and control to ensure efficient power transmission between the power source and the driven machinery. PTO shafts play a critical role in adapting power to meet the specific needs of various equipment and applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-07